Apply by April 30, 2018
CMS is studying burdens on clinicians associated with reporting Quality Measures under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and would like input from MIPS eligible clinicians. Clinicians who successfully participate in the study will be given full credit for the 2018 MIPS Improvement Activity (IA) category. Applications for the study will be accepted through April 30, 2018. CMS will notify selected participants.
Applicants are not required to be MIPS experts. CMS is interested in hearing experiences, barriers, and obstacles directly from clinicians. This is your chance to be heard and share your concerns.
- Application deadline – April 30, 2018
- Study runs April 2018 – March 2019
- Participate and report as a group:
- Entire group will receive full credit for 2018 IA category
- Participate and report as an individual:
- Individual will receive full credit for 2018 IA category
- Participants must:
- Complete a 2017 MIPS participation survey in April/May of 2018
- Complete a 2018 MIPS planning survey – September/October 2018
- Selected participants will be invited to join a virtual 90 minute focus group between November 2018 and February 2019
- Meet MIPS minimum requirements for the Quality category by submitting a minimum of 3 measures and include 1 outcome measure
- Submit data using any accepted method to report Quality data under MIPS 2018 by the deadline of March 31, 2019
For additional information regarding this study and application submission please visit: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Value-Based-Programs/MACRA-MIPS-and-APMs/2018-Study-on-Burdens-Reporting-Quality.pdf